Saturday, January 29, 2011

Discounted music

As graduation approaches, and with it job interviews (hopefully), I have been shopping for a new suit. I have one, but I think two would be good to have for work and such, and my mom gave me Christmas money to buy a suit.

Being the cheap...er...value-conscious shopper that I am, I have been spending a lot of time at Marshall's. For those of you who don't know, Marshall's makes its money reselling clothes that it buys from big name stores. When the Nordstrom's or Macy's order too many Van Heusen dress shirts they sell the surplus to Marshall's. Some of the stuff looks like the store just bought too much, and some of it--well, let's just say Marshall's ain't going to sell it either.

Anyways, given my addiction to music, I have paid keen attention to the songs played at Marshall's. (Not) surprisingly John Mayer comes on at least twice an hour there. I'm not sure what to think of this. Heavens knows how much I love John Mayer. I have two different reads: One, the rights to play John Mayer at stores was overpurchased by big stores and so Marshall's; or two, John Mayer's adult contemporary shlock is so middle of the road that it borders on muzak, and no middle-aged woman would feel uncomfortable shopping with the music on. Either way he sucks.

2 comments:

tara said...

You should check out Macy's for suits, they have really good deals throughout the year. We got a couple for Bryce at a good price. Any interviews lined up yet?

Nate said...

None yet. I'm working on getting some lined up out east. I think it's time for a change of scenery.