Saturday, May 31, 2008

Drum tracks

I am in the process of finding/making drum tracks. It looks like it will be 50/50 between ripped tracks and drum loops.
I am going through old jazz and R&B recordings for jazzier drumming samples. I really like the spacey feel which the sparse jazz influenced drumming gives a track. (see PF's "Breathe" and RH's "Spinning Plates" or Hendrix's "Third Stone" for examples). Good drums really make the entire track. (If I knew how important drums were when I was 11, I would have learned to play drums instead of guitar). Charlie Watts of the Stones also does a great job of laying the foundation. If I was feeling blasphemous I could sample some of Ringo's tacks, but I am not sure that I want to mess with the Beatles.
That's about it for this installment. If you have any suggestions of good drum track let me know.

No comments: